Emergency Broadband Benefit Program
MTC is excited to announce their participation in the new Federal Communications Commission Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) Program! MTC has always known the importance of offering high quality communication services to our communities, the need for these services is becoming more widely apparent. Internet is not only needed for our daily enjoyment, but is also essential in providing telework, telehealth, distance learning and other remote business services.
The Emergency Broadband Benefit is an FCC program to help families and households struggling to afford internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic. This new benefit will connect eligible households to jobs, critical healthcare services, virtual classrooms, and so much more.
About the Emergency Broadband Benefit
The Emergency Broadband Benefit will provide a discount of up to $50 per month towards broadband service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands. Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers if they contribute more than $10 and less than $50 toward the purchase price.
The Emergency Broadband Benefit is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
Who Is Eligible for the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program?
A household is eligible if a member of the household meets one of the criteria below:
- Has an income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, or Lifeline;
- Approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-2020 or 2020-2021 school year;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year;
- Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020 and the household had a total income in 2020 at or below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
How to Apply?
- Go to GetEmergencyBroadband.org to apply online
- Once approved, households can contact MTC by calling 877-216-9951 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org to select an Emergency Broadband Benefit eligible service plan.
Both current and new MTC Internet customers who are approved can take advantage of the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program. For more information or to see if you qualify, visit https://getemergencybroadband.org/ today!