Affordable Connectivity Program
Lifeline and the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) help low-income families and individuals stay connected so they can access healthcare, find jobs, attend classes, stay in touch with family, and call for help in an emergency. Anyone who qualifies for Lifeline, also qualifies for the ACP.
Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
- Broadband internet
- Monthly Broadband Discount of $30 per month. Up to $75 per month for households on qualifying tribal lands.
- A one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers if the subscriber contributes more than $10 and less than $50 toward the purchase price.
You may be eligible for both Lifeline and the ACP if you receive any of the following benefits or your income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines for Lifeline or at or below 200% for ACP. (See the income eligibility guides for both programs below)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FHPA)
- Veterans Pension & Survivors Pension Benefit
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Head Start Tribal Programs (only those meeting its income qualifying standard)
- The Food Distribution Program on Tribal Lands.
2022 ACP Income Eligibility Guidelines
Number In Household
Maximum Annual Income (at 200% federal poverty level)
each additional person
Regardless of Lifeline eligibility, you may still qualify for ACP if you meet any of the following criteria:
- Are approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including the USDA Community Eligibility Provision.
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
- Experienced a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020.
- Meet the eligibility criteria for a participating broadband provider’s existing low-income program.