Carbonite is a simple, easy-to-use online backup service that safeguards the irreplaceable contents of your computer.
Why should I worry about backing up my files?
You probably have a lot of important stuff on your computer like pictures, financial documents, e-mail, tax information and more. Unfortunately, computers are vulnerable to hard drive crashes, virus attacks, theft and natural disasters, which can erase everything in an instant. If you’re a business and you lose your laptop, it can literally shut down your company.
Carbonite Protects You From:
Accidental Deletion – 43% of people lose irreplaceable files every year.
Theft – Only 3 out of 100 stolen laptops are ever recovered.
Disaster – Thousands of files are lost each year to fires, floods, and other disasters.
Drive Failure – Up to 13% of hard drives crash in their first year.
Easy to Use
Installing Carbonite takes just one minute. After that, it works quietly and continuously in the background to make sure your files are backed up securely offsite where they’re available for easy, on demand retrieval. In order to protect your privacy, files are encrypted twice before they leave your PC, so only you can see them. Retrieving lost files take just a few clicks from your desktop.
AND it’s affordable
MTC makes online backup affordable for everyone with an automated solution that’s easy to use.
Backup [Features and Benefits]:
- Unlimited storage capacity for one flat annual subscription fee
- Back up all your data files or just the ones you want
- Strong encryption protects your privacy by encrypting files twice before they leave your PC
- Private key encryption option available to advanced users
- Automatically, continuously finds and backs up your irreplaceable files, e.g. photos, documents, music, and emails
- Set and forget — automatically detects and backs up new and charged files
- No need to schedule backups, however scheduling options are available for advanced users
- File versioning — allows you to restore any of several previous versions of a backed up file
- Backs up open files
- Block-level incremental backup — when files change, only the changes are backed up
- Silent when computer is in use — never slows it down
- Backup status information and restore functions integrated with Windows Explorer
Restore [Features and Benefits]
- Restore with a few clicks from Windows Explorer (“My Computer”)
- Restore everything, or just selected files or folders
- Restore Wizard guides you through the process of restoring files to a new computer
- Restore multiple revisions of a file (e.g. last Tuesday’s version of a presentation)
- Restores 10-20 GB per day over DGI or Cable (depending on the speed of your Internet connection)